Michael C. Barker
Michael C. Barker is an Associate in the Boston office of Boyle | Shaughnessy Law. Mike represents both individuals and institutional clients in civil matters involving money damages and equitable relief in state and federal court. His civil litigation and trial practice covers a broad spectrum of liability, including wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, commercial disputes, construction defects and accidents, product liability, personal injury, and consumer protection violations. Mike routinely counsels clients regarding liability and litigation strategy from pre-suit investigation through trial. Recently, Mike obtained a favorable decision regarding removal and remand of state law claims, constituting the first Massachusetts federal court decision governing the severance and stay of litigation of claims arising under M.G.L. c. 93A / 176D.
Mike earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School, where he was a published member of the Journal of Health and Biomedical Law. He received his undergraduate degree in English from the College of the Holy Cross. Mike spent his junior year of college studying Medieval Literature and History at the University of York in northern England.
Mike can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court – Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals – First Circuit
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Coloring Consideration: Defining Illegal Payments in Alleged Reverse-Payment Settlements between Brand and Generic Drug Makers Post-Actavis, Suffolk J. Health & Biomed. L. (2017)
- Holy Cross Club of Greater Boston