Ashley A. Noel
Focus | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
Ashley A. Noel is a Shareholder in the Hartford office of Boyle | Shaughnessy Law. Ashley specializes in the areas of insurance coverage and extracontractual liability, including allegations of unfair claims settlement practices under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act and the Connecticut Unfair Insurance Practices Act. Ashley regularly advises insurers on complex property and liability coverage issues under personal and commercial lines policies. She also represents insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation, including the prosecution and defense of declaratory judgment actions.
Ashley also practices in the area of civil litigation in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. Ashley’s civil litigation practice focuses on the defense of professional malpractice, premises liability, product liability, and complex tort matters. She also represents other attorneys in disciplinary proceedings before the Statewide Grievance Committee and in presentment hearings before the Connecticut Superior Court. In addition to her trial practice, Ashley also has experience handling both state and federal appeals, having briefed and argued several cases before the Connecticut Appellate Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Ashley received her Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Connecticut School of Law, where she received the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Lawyering Process and Media and the Law. While in law school, Ashley served as the Managing Editor of the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, was a member of the Connecticut Moot Court Board, and served as a teaching assistant for the first year legal writing course. Additionally, she served as a law clerk at a prominent Connecticut appellate firm and completed internships with the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts and the Office of the Secretary of the State of Connecticut.
Ashley received her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from the College of the Holy Cross, where she studied History and French. While at Holy Cross, Ashley spent a summer semester at the Université Paris Diderot.
Ashley can be reached at email@example.com.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., cum laude
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors
- State of Connecticut
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New England Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2018, 2019
- Ashley A. Noel, America’s Growing Problem: How the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Failed to Go Far Enough in Addressing the Obesity Epidemic, 21 CONN. INS. L.J. 485 (2015).