Focus | Civil Litigation
Tackey Chan practices in the Boston office of Boyle | Shaughnessy Law. Tackey currently serves as the Massachusetts State Representative of the Second Norfolk District. Since 2017, he is the Chairman of the Joint Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure. Prior to his election as a State Representative, Tackey worked as an Assistant Attorney General in Attorney General Martha Coakley’s Office of Ratepayer Advocacy from 2007 to 2010, working on utility and energy law. He served as the General Counsel and Legislative Director for State Senator Michael W. Morrissey from 1995 to 2007.
Tackey is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Tackey graduated from New England School of Law in 2003. He graduated from Brandeis University in 1995.
Tackey can be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Boston College High School
- Brandeis University, B.A.
- New England School of Law, J.D.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Ward 5 Democratic City Committee Member
- Screen Actors Guild American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA)
- National Conference of Legislators’ Asian American and Pacific Island Caucu
Awards / Distinctions:
- STAR 40 Under 40 Award (2010)
- Quincy Asian Resources, Inc. Founder’s Award (2010)
- Asian Community Development Corporation Inspiration Award (2011)
- South Shore Stars Rosemary Wahlberg Child Advocate Award (2013)
- Massachusetts Boating and Yacht Club Association Legislator of the Year (2014)
- Norfolk County and Central Labor Council Gratitude Award (2015)
- Quincy Community Action Programs Extra Mile Award (2017)
- Quincy Democratic City Committee’s Dennis Ryan Community Service Award (2018)
- AAPI Civil Rights Forum Unsung Hero (2019)
- Massachusetts National Guard Legislator of the Year (2020)
- American Kennel Club Legislator of the Year (2020)
- Friends of Wollaston Beach President’s Ward (2021)