Mark W. Shaughnessy
Mark Shaughnessy is the Managing Partner at Boyle | Shaughnessy Law. Mark is admitted in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Rhode Island. He has also been admitted pro hac vice into numerous other jurisdictions throughout the nation.
His practice concentrates in civil litigation, focusing on business and commercial litigation, product liability claims, professional and medical malpractice, construction defect and accident litigation, pharmacy liability litigation, catastrophic injury claims, bad faith litigation and class actions.
Mark has extensive trial experience in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Rhode Island state and federal courts, and has obtained numerous defense verdicts. He manages and supervises the firm’s trial practice. Mark also has significant appellate experience and has successfully argued many appeals. Mark has tried more than one hundred trials throughout the Northeast.
Mark routinely represents domestic and foreign product manufacturers, regional, national and international corporations, national retail chains, professionals, construction contractors and owners.
Mark has been designated by several national companies as local catastrophic claims counsel and frequently works with corporations and individuals on pre-litigation claims.
Prior to joining Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, Mark worked for 3 years as an accountant.
During his practice with Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, Mark has been a commissioner of the Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission. He is currently a member of the Defense Research Institute, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, American Trucking Association, Society and Loss Prevention Management Council, Transportation Lawyers Association, Risk Insurance Management Society, Inc. and the American Subcontractors Association. Mark has lectured and served as a panelist in numerous continuing legal education programs on a wide variety of civil litigation topics throughout the nation.
Mark is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and of Suffolk University where he was an editor of the Law Review.
Mark can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- College of Holy Cross, B.A., Economics
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of New Hampshire
- State of New York
- State of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American Trucking Association
- Society and Loss Prevention Management Counsel
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
- American Subcontractors Association
- National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association
- Emerging Litigation Regarding Fundamental Fairness of Investigation and Resolution of Sexual Assault Claims by Colleges and Universities
- Indemnification Provisions in Construction Contracts, Dealing With Indemnification & Contribution Claims In Personal Injury Cases, Published by the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Juror Testimony Relating to Jury Deliberations Inadmissible to Impeach Verdict, 27 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 523
- Fourth Amendment Right to be Free From Unreasonable Seizures Not Automatically Implicated During Police Interview, 27 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 504
- Ban on Solicitation of Money in Publicly Operated Airport Terminal Not Violative of First Amendment, 27 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 418
- Trying Your Case With An Appeal In Mind, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2005 – 2018
- Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission (2006-2007)