Michael P. Johnson
Mike Johnson is a shareholder at Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, practicing out of Boyle | Shaughnessy Law’s Boston, Manchester and Portland offices. His practice is concentrated in litigation, trucking liability, product liability, construction accidents, employment, municipal issues, medical malpractice, professional negligence and bad faith claims.
Mike practices in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine, representing domestic and foreign product manufacturers, employers, trucking companies, construction companies, homeowners, fraternal organizations, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals. As defense counsel, Mike has received several defense verdicts after jury trials in each of the jurisdictions he is licensed to practice. His civil litigation experience includes defending his clients against disputes and matters involving negligence claims, construction defects and accidents, trucking accidents, catastrophic accidents and injury, and medical and professional malpractice. Mike also has significant appellate experiencing briefing and arguing appeals at the Massachusetts Appeals Court, Supreme Judicial Court, as well as the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, Mike worked for various law firms primarily handling civil litigation on behalf of plaintiffs.
Mike received his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School where he participated in the Volunteer Criminal Defender’s Program and graduated cum laude. He received his bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from Northeastern University, College of Criminal Justice, where he studied criminal justice and political science.
Mike lives with his wife and two sons. He serves on several committees in his community and coaches various youth sports teams.
Mike can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Northeastern University, College of Criminal Justice, B.S., cum laude
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of New Hampshire
- State of Maine
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Defense Research Institute
- RIMS, The Risk Management Society
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2006 & 2007
- Author and Presenter for National Business Institute’s Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation, Manchester, New Hampshire, May 2016