Employment Law Group
Boyle | Shaughnessy Law’s Employment Law Group represents employers and individuals in all phases of employment law, counseling and dispute resolution. Our Attorneys work to resolve employment related issues before they become problems, and zealously represent our clients in state in federal courts when problems arise. Attorneys are available to assist in a wide range of areas, including:
- Representing organizations at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and EEOC
- Defending employers against discrimination claims, whistleblower, wage and hour claims, defamation claims and class action lawsuits
- Advising on and litigating non-competition, confidentiality, and trade secret issues
- Counseling employers on employment decisions, such as terminations and disciplinary actions
- Advising on and drafting employment contracts, severance agreements, employment policies and employee manuals
- Ensuring compliance with federal legislation, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Providing advice on policies for employee technology use
- Providing appellate service for employment matters in conjunction with our Appellate Group
Our Employment Attorneys have successfully tried actions in the state and Federal Courts. Recently, the firm successfully defended the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in a gender discrimination, retaliation, and equal pay claim raised by a former prosecutor in the United States District Court of Massachusetts.
Our Employment Attorneys are also available to conduct training sessions for employers on equal employment opportunity laws, sexual harassment, supervisory training skills, employee discipline, termination, maintaining a workplace free of claims and liability, conducting lawful and proper interviews, performance evaluations and other issues depending on the particular needs of our clients.