Patrick Driscoll, Jr.
Focus | Civil Litigation
Patrick Driscoll is a shareholder at Boyle | Shaughnessy Law in the Boston office. His practice concentrates on civil litigation, focusing on product liability claims, construction defect and accident litigation, catastrophic injury and class actions.
Patrick is an experienced and successful trial attorney, trying more than 30 cases to verdict throughout Massachusetts. In addition to his trial work, Patrick has handled numerous administrative proceedings for clients throughout the Commonwealth.
Prior to joining Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, Patrick was an Assistant District Attorney for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, as well as, a criminal defense attorney, trying misdemeanor and felony cases. Since joining Boyle | Shaughnessy Law, Patrick has used his criminal background to counsel clients whose civil matters may have criminal implications.
In addition, Attorney Driscoll has successfully defended individual clients and corporations in a variety of of complex matters; including but not limited to, wrongful death cases, catastrophic product liability claims, class action suits, Massachusetts Wage Act claims, and construction cases.
Attorney Driscoll received his undergraduate degree from Boston College and his law degree from Suffolk Law cum laude. While at Suffolk Law, Patrick was a published member of the Suffolk Law Review.
- Boston College, B.A.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2014 Rising Star
- Constitutional Law – Congress’s Authority to Abrogate State’s Eleventh Amendment Immunity Under Title II – Toledo v. Sanchez, 454 F.3d 24 (1st Cir. 2006), cert. denied No. 06-779, 2007 WL 789372 (U.S. Mar. 19, 2007)
- Criminal Law – Special Needs Test Applies to Fourth Amendment Analysis of DNA Backlog Elimination Act – United States v. Weikert, 421 F. Supp. 2d 259 (D. Mass. 2006)