Thomas J. Fay
Tom Fay is a Shareholder at Boyle | Shaughnessy Law. Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont, Tom practices in the Boston, Manchester, and Montpelier offices and has extensive trial experience. His state and federal trial practice concentrates in business litigation, construction litigation, transportation litigation, environmental litigation, blasting litigation, premises litigation, motor vehicle litigation, bad faith litigation, and municipal litigation.
Tom both prosecutes and defends clients relating to all of his extensive practice areas, and assists businesses and individuals in evaluating issues and determining the right strategy for obtaining a successful resolution. Tom understands the prosecution and defense of civil Complaints in the private and public arenas and is also intimately familiar with and has often made effective use of various dispute resolution procedures for the timely and cost effective resolution of disputes.
Tom is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), the New England Chapter of the Society of Explosive Engineers (NESEE), the Defense Research Institute (DRI), the Massachusetts Defense Lawyer’s Association (MDLA), the Massachusetts Bar Association, the New Hampshire Bar Association, the Manchester Bar Association, and the Vermont Bar Association.
Tom is a 1987 graduate of Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America, where he served on the Law Review from 1985-1987. Tom graduated from Boston College, with a B.A. in Economics and Political Science.
Outside of the firm, Tom is the former Chair of the Wayland Board of Selectmen, and has chaired other town committees. He is also the former President of the Boston Young Men’s Christian Union. Tom lives in Wayland with his wife and four children.
Tom can be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Boston College B.A.
- Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America, J.D., 1987
- Law Review 1985 – 1987
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- State of New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- State of Vermont
- United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA)
- New England Chapter of the Society of Explosive Engineers (NESEE)
- Manchester, NH Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Vermont Bar Association
- Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
- ”Representing a Canadian Truck Driver,” DRI’s For the Defense, February 2010
- ‘Using Prior Claims and Lawsuits in Aggravation of Injury Cases,’ DRI’s The Voice, February 2011
- ‘Neighborly Manners: How Listening Will Save You Money Later,’ New England Chapter Society of Explosives Engineers, July 2012 Newsletter
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer – Rising Star, 2008-2011